I am thankful to all the following donors: ● Vaja Family ● Eli Felicitas ● Friends of M Vaja ● Navnit Damji ● Ranjan Jina ● Friends of P Makwana ● Pravin Kaka ● Prafula Makwana ● Saroj & Anita ● Nimuben Agheda ● Nisha Shah ● Rajnesh Nand ● Anonymous ● Dhirubahi Parmar ● Bhavanbhai Parmar ● Kantilal Makwana ● Budhiben ● Shantaben & G Parmar ● Prabhaben ● Kamuben ● Narendra Shah ● Govindbhai Kawa ● Mr & Mrs P Makwana & Family ● Mansukh Makwana ● Jayendra ● Chandandas ● Bhanuben ● Manjuben Kawa ● Labhuben ● M Parmar ● Anonymous ● Kala Morar ● Rekha Jina ● Anonymous ● Madhavji Savji Makwana ● Anonymous ● Prakash Gajjar ● Anonymous ● Krishna ● Light Hall School ● Gordon Kaka ● Jyotsna ● A Well Wisher ● Babu & Gita Gajjar ● Janki Valambhia ● Pooja Sarda ● Parshottam Masa ● Manju Kaki ● Urvashi Amrat Chandegra ● Bharti Mistry ● Sangeeta Jina ● Narendra Patel ● Anonymous ● Andrew Chin ● Vaishali ● Maruti Nandan ● Anonymous ● Jai Swaminarayan! ● Shane Garner ● Chaitali ● Sunaina ● Someone Inspired By You ● Anonymous ● Saurabh (Sunny) Talwar ● Vikram Bandarupalli ● Millie & Shamyo ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ● Jain Patel ● Preeti & Prashant ● Mike Morris ● Kapil Aggarwal ● Anonymous ● Let there be cure for someone who needs it !! ● Roneel Naidu ● Shally Stanley ● Chetan Patel ● Jay A ● Mansi ● Pierre E ● Shubham Garg ● Sonal Solanki ● Jai Shree Krishna ● The Nand Family ● Gandhi & Sarda Naidu ● Achim Fehlker ● Acumen Solutions ● Randy F ● Jon W ● Varsha ● Nathan Kemler ● Sailesh ● Damit ● Sridhar Iyer ● The Staples family ● Nick & Russ ● Bharti Solanki ● Save Them All Please ● Margie Johnson ● Tye and Jane ● Anonymous ● Go Dipa! ● Anonymous ● Krunal Pattni ● Anonymous ● Minnie ● Anonymous ● Diya, Shivam, Pari & Tushar ● Rak Gajjar ● Sandeep ● Saurabh ● Anonymous ● Human ● Roop G ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ●

Monday, May 23, 2011

Sore...

I'm sore. Everything hurts, except Arnoldi and his companion (Lefty Ankle!) Seriously!  I took part in the San Francisco 16 week training Kick Off on Saturday and then then the 8 mile training walk through Pleasanton.  The Saturday walk was pleasant. Not that I'm saying that the Sunday walk in Pleasanton wasn't pleasant! It was the one hill we walked on Sunday during our first hour which nearly made me want to turn around and go back to my car and the drive home!  BUT I made it! And I am so So SO darn sore! It shows me how much more training I need to do, and that on other terrains too. I am grateful to the other walkers who gave encouragement. That was nice.  So much so, I've signed up for 2 more walks, back to back on a Saturday and a Sunday in 2 weeks time! These are longer, but not as hilly...
San Francisco - 14 Mile Walk
Date and Time: 06/04/2011 6:30 AM-12:30 PM PST

San Francisco/San Mateo - Up to 12 Miles
Date and Time: 06/07/2011 7:00 AM-12:00 PM PST
However, I do have another 8-mile Hilly Training Walk this coming Saturday, May 28!

The nice part of Saturday was that being in Sports Basement, we were given a 20% coupon on any merchandise we purchased. So of course, being the shopper I am, I purchased my Nathan Hydration backpack, a warm-up hoodie (which I love) and a lighweight rain jacket (which I love and can wear on any occasion too!) I'll post some photos up later!  I then went to TJ Maxx and purchased a pair of mid-thigh running shorts and a reebok top. And 2 mini woks. One for me, and one for my UK family for when I go! I know my Mother and SiL are going to love it! And the two nieces too! :) Its a girly thing!

On Sunday, I went on my walk all kitted out - shoes, socks, shorts, t-shirt, hydration pack and warm-up jacket! After the walk, I went to See Jane Run in Danville. They give the SGK walkers a 20% discount on any day! So, I ended up purchasing a sports bra (and I'm not going to post a photo up), another 2 pairs of socks and a "oh so comfy I want to wear this 24/7) pair of running capris!

Today, being Monday, I had to complete my shopping.... I purchased another 3 pairs of socks, a Camelback 0.5L bottle, which I can hook onto the front of my hydration pack, as I need to have my electrolyte drink too, and a pink ribbon cookie cutter!

I promise I will post up photos soon! Of most things, and definitely not of the bra! :p

No comments: