I am thankful to all the following donors: ● Vaja Family ● Eli Felicitas ● Friends of M Vaja ● Navnit Damji ● Ranjan Jina ● Friends of P Makwana ● Pravin Kaka ● Prafula Makwana ● Saroj & Anita ● Nimuben Agheda ● Nisha Shah ● Rajnesh Nand ● Anonymous ● Dhirubahi Parmar ● Bhavanbhai Parmar ● Kantilal Makwana ● Budhiben ● Shantaben & G Parmar ● Prabhaben ● Kamuben ● Narendra Shah ● Govindbhai Kawa ● Mr & Mrs P Makwana & Family ● Mansukh Makwana ● Jayendra ● Chandandas ● Bhanuben ● Manjuben Kawa ● Labhuben ● M Parmar ● Anonymous ● Kala Morar ● Rekha Jina ● Anonymous ● Madhavji Savji Makwana ● Anonymous ● Prakash Gajjar ● Anonymous ● Krishna ● Light Hall School ● Gordon Kaka ● Jyotsna ● A Well Wisher ● Babu & Gita Gajjar ● Janki Valambhia ● Pooja Sarda ● Parshottam Masa ● Manju Kaki ● Urvashi Amrat Chandegra ● Bharti Mistry ● Sangeeta Jina ● Narendra Patel ● Anonymous ● Andrew Chin ● Vaishali ● Maruti Nandan ● Anonymous ● Jai Swaminarayan! ● Shane Garner ● Chaitali ● Sunaina ● Someone Inspired By You ● Anonymous ● Saurabh (Sunny) Talwar ● Vikram Bandarupalli ● Millie & Shamyo ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ● Jain Patel ● Preeti & Prashant ● Mike Morris ● Kapil Aggarwal ● Anonymous ● Let there be cure for someone who needs it !! ● Roneel Naidu ● Shally Stanley ● Chetan Patel ● Jay A ● Mansi ● Pierre E ● Shubham Garg ● Sonal Solanki ● Jai Shree Krishna ● The Nand Family ● Gandhi & Sarda Naidu ● Achim Fehlker ● Acumen Solutions ● Randy F ● Jon W ● Varsha ● Nathan Kemler ● Sailesh ● Damit ● Sridhar Iyer ● The Staples family ● Nick & Russ ● Bharti Solanki ● Save Them All Please ● Margie Johnson ● Tye and Jane ● Anonymous ● Go Dipa! ● Anonymous ● Krunal Pattni ● Anonymous ● Minnie ● Anonymous ● Diya, Shivam, Pari & Tushar ● Rak Gajjar ● Sandeep ● Saurabh ● Anonymous ● Human ● Roop G ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ●

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mosaic Steps and the (Ugly) Step Sister Steps

Yesterday, since I bypassed the streets leading up to the Mosaic steps, and the second stairway - which I have since found to be called "The (Ugly) Sister Steps", I drove to Moraga and 15th Street, and climbed up the stairs. It took me 90 minutes to drive into the city. Noon traffic! I won't be doing that again! Next time, I'll make sure I'll leave earlier!

And I'm so glad I did! Not only were the mosaic designs beautiful, but the view breathtaking too! I've no idea how many miles it was, maybe 1, on a steep hill with the steps? I forgot to turn my GPS tracker on the cell phone on! :(  I think I shall make it a point, that if I don't go to an official training walk on a Sunday, I'll go elsewhere in San Francisco and be a tourist, and get some miles in! :)

One thing is for sure, the steps weren't that bad to climb up, although I did need to stop a couple of times. It was the coming downhill that I had to be careful! I had that "wobbly-leg-feeling" one gets when they come of a bike machine!

Mosaic Steps - View from Top 
Mosaic Steps - Going Up

Me - Right at the top! :)
The (Ugly) Step Sisters

1 comment:

Jai Joshi said...

Wow, those steps look gorgeous! Glad to see your being diligent with that training.

Looking at those steps I'm reminded of a lot of mandirs in India I've been to where I've climbed lots of steps to reach the deity at the top. It's always exhilirating and uplifting.

Even though there's not mandir at the top where you're going, I feel that the effect was the same.

Jai