I am thankful to all the following donors: ● Vaja Family ● Eli Felicitas ● Friends of M Vaja ● Navnit Damji ● Ranjan Jina ● Friends of P Makwana ● Pravin Kaka ● Prafula Makwana ● Saroj & Anita ● Nimuben Agheda ● Nisha Shah ● Rajnesh Nand ● Anonymous ● Dhirubahi Parmar ● Bhavanbhai Parmar ● Kantilal Makwana ● Budhiben ● Shantaben & G Parmar ● Prabhaben ● Kamuben ● Narendra Shah ● Govindbhai Kawa ● Mr & Mrs P Makwana & Family ● Mansukh Makwana ● Jayendra ● Chandandas ● Bhanuben ● Manjuben Kawa ● Labhuben ● M Parmar ● Anonymous ● Kala Morar ● Rekha Jina ● Anonymous ● Madhavji Savji Makwana ● Anonymous ● Prakash Gajjar ● Anonymous ● Krishna ● Light Hall School ● Gordon Kaka ● Jyotsna ● A Well Wisher ● Babu & Gita Gajjar ● Janki Valambhia ● Pooja Sarda ● Parshottam Masa ● Manju Kaki ● Urvashi Amrat Chandegra ● Bharti Mistry ● Sangeeta Jina ● Narendra Patel ● Anonymous ● Andrew Chin ● Vaishali ● Maruti Nandan ● Anonymous ● Jai Swaminarayan! ● Shane Garner ● Chaitali ● Sunaina ● Someone Inspired By You ● Anonymous ● Saurabh (Sunny) Talwar ● Vikram Bandarupalli ● Millie & Shamyo ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ● Jain Patel ● Preeti & Prashant ● Mike Morris ● Kapil Aggarwal ● Anonymous ● Let there be cure for someone who needs it !! ● Roneel Naidu ● Shally Stanley ● Chetan Patel ● Jay A ● Mansi ● Pierre E ● Shubham Garg ● Sonal Solanki ● Jai Shree Krishna ● The Nand Family ● Gandhi & Sarda Naidu ● Achim Fehlker ● Acumen Solutions ● Randy F ● Jon W ● Varsha ● Nathan Kemler ● Sailesh ● Damit ● Sridhar Iyer ● The Staples family ● Nick & Russ ● Bharti Solanki ● Save Them All Please ● Margie Johnson ● Tye and Jane ● Anonymous ● Go Dipa! ● Anonymous ● Krunal Pattni ● Anonymous ● Minnie ● Anonymous ● Diya, Shivam, Pari & Tushar ● Rak Gajjar ● Sandeep ● Saurabh ● Anonymous ● Human ● Roop G ● Anonymous ● Anonymous ●

Saturday, June 11, 2011

3 Bridges, 14 Miles and Lots of Compassion!

I was sleeping at midnight last night... And then my alarm went off at 4:30am... Oh how I wanted to stay in bed and sleep, Sleep and SLEEP!  I must have snoozed a couple of times, and eventually jumped out of bed at 5:15am.  I took too long in the shower... Thankfully, I had some bananas so that was my breakfast. I left at 6am, to drive to the Warming Hut Hotties meetup point at Crissy Field. I arrived at 6:40am, just in time to sign the waiver and provide an emergency contact, and off we went...

It was a little chilly in the morning, but the walking warmed my up quite quickly. 14 miles. Over the Golden Gate Bridge - by foot, and under the GGB too! Through Sausalito - which is beautiful... Looped back, and went under and later over the GGB bridge again... and back. Just over 14 miles... I was tired, but not as tired as in the past. BUT, I still need to strength my leg muscles and build up stamina for hills and stairs, and increase my speed just a little more. It will happen, I know it will. Because there is no other way.

So, after arriving back at my car, I had my lunch, and rested for about 30 minutes before leaving for the TEDx lecture on Compassion. And was that at wonderful experience or what! It was wonderful! I'm so glad I went, even though I was tired. Nipun, the founder of CharityFocus was the third last speaker - around 8:20pm. I'm thankful I stayed until then, and am so proud to associate myself with CharityFocus and Karma Kitchen.

I didn't get home until after 10pm... Had something to eat, and then had a hot shower and crashed.  Oh, before sleeping, I cancelled my RSVP for the Sunday walk. I don't want to over do it!

Oh, and about the 3 bridges.  Well, to get to the WHH meeting point in the morning, I drove over the Bay Bridge. Then I did the walk both ways over the Golden Gate Bridge. To get to the TEDx lecture, I drove over the GFB, and then onto the Richmond-Dan Rafael Bridge.

No comments: